Buck and a quarter/buck and a half

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Sat Dec 21 21:31:20 UTC 2002

Almost. Things like "One and a half" used to be common in used-car lots;
in this case it would be $150, also known as "a hunnert'n'a half." For all
I know, flivver purveyors are still doing this, although I'll wager at
least a buck and a quarter that there aren't many jalopies--'scuse me,
pre-owned vehicles--out there in the used lots for prices like that.

Peter