Caesar Salad in 1946??

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 15 01:09:20 UTC 2002

At work today there was a Black History Month program on "Black Music in
Cinema".  One of the film clips that was shown had a black singer doing a
song in which the phrase "Caesar salad" occurred.

If I read the credit correctly (it flashed by pretty quickly so I may easily
be wrong), the singer was Nat King Cole, the clip was from "Breakfast in
Hollywood", and the date was 1946.

I anyone's interested, I can check with the man who put the program together.

      James A. Landau
      systems engineer
      FAA Technical Center (ACT-350/BCI)
      Atlantic City Airport  NJ 08405 USA