Topic of this thread: America & ...

Fri Feb 22 22:01:01 UTC 2002

And the sociolinguistic/dialectological significance of this is?

that there is some kind of isogloss running between Larry's Mac and Iceland?

that a VARBRUL analysis uncovers a glottochronological correlation between
kitchen of the Chinese restaurant and Alice Faber's blue surgical gown?

that "good Chinese food" is not only not an oxymoron, it is redundant?