theological origins of "Cheese it!"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Feb 24 21:49:16 UTC 2002

At 11:08 AM -0800 2/24/02, Kim & Rima McKinzey wrote:
>>Well, there is, or at least was, a wonderful fromagerie in lower
>>Manhattan called "Cheeses of Nazareth".
>
>Aargh!  But I saw in London a shop selling fireplace equipment called
>"Amazing Grates."

And there's a web site devoted to classic folk and folk rock music
maintained by Roger McGuinn (co-founder of The Byrds) called--at
least on Salon, in a 1998 piece at
http://www.salon.com/21st/reviews/1998/05/07review.html
--"Folk Rock of Ages". Oops, getting offtopic here, I'm sure Ron will
point out; religious (or sacrilegious) puns aren't part of our
Mission.

larry