SI Cover Jinx; Ants on a Log

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Jan 17 15:22:33 UTC 2002

Barry,

        I think you're missing something here.  When I log into the OED
(which I access on a cost-effective basis through the Quality Paperback Book
Club, qpb.com) and search for Macadamia, it presents a listing beginning
with the 1904 cite, but there is also a button marked "Later" at the upper
right corner of the screen.  When I click that button, it presents a "NEW
EDITION:  draft entry Mar. 2000," and the draft entry includes cites from
1857 and 1927.

John Baker