Notification: You are hereby.....

Michael Quinion editor at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG
Fri Jan 18 09:21:17 UTC 2002

> Well, I don't understand why this message is on this list, either.
>  Frankly, I was rather startled to get it in my e-mail at all.

The ADS-L list is set so anybody can post messages to it. In the past
this has not caused problems, but now the spammers have discovered it
(recent Korean messages, abortion tracts), it is likely that the
number of unwanted postings will increase rapidly. It might be worth
the list owners considering a revision of the policy on who can post
to the list.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words