Cane Juice (1931); SF Restaurants

Benjamin Fortson fortson at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Jan 25 14:21:12 UTC 2002

Minor reaction: I guess I've never paid extremely close attention, but the
spelling "Judas' priest" with apostrophe seems odd to me. As a fairly ordinary
taboo-deformation of "Jesus Christ" it seems entirely unnecessary (for
want of a better word) to make "Judas" possessive, either in the
orthography or in pronunciation with an extra syllable (a pronunciation
I've never heard, myself--anybody else heard it?).