No "jazz" in Alaska

Tom Dalzell slangman at PACBELL.NET
Tue Jul 2 14:02:02 UTC 2002

"Once again, fact proves fiction true.  Ice worms do exist, though the wags who
created the mythical worm in Dawson at the turn of the century almost certainly
did not know it.  The real worms (Mesenchytraeus solifugus and several other
species) are about three-quarters of an inch long and live near the surface of
glaciers, feeding on airborne pollen and spores."

Tabbertt, Russell: Dictionary of Alaskan English
Juneau: Denali Press (1991)
Page 264