Skort

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Fri Jul 5 04:49:11 UTC 2002

I seem to remember considering this for the Gage Canadian Dictionary
(copyright '83).  Skorts were a big fashion item in the 70s, with no
ref to cycling, and they weren't stretchy (don't think they made
"stretchy" back then, except for bathing suits); they were just a
short skirt attached to shorts or sometimes even just a front panel
open on one side, for the look of a wraparound skirt.  I can't really
remember why it didn't get entered, but it was most likely that we
didn't want to use precious space for ephemeral fashion terms.

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
727 9th Street East
Saskatoon, Sask.