Kung Fu Sauce, Swimming Pool, Buffalo Bagel

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 7 21:29:05 UTC 2002

   I'm staying at the new Grand Hyatt, near the new SONY building in the new part of Berlin.  (Marlene Dietrich Plotzed, I call it.)  Then it occurred to me--this place is the same as Japan!  Same new technologies and architecture.  All SONY needs to do is change languages.

KUNG FU SAUCE--Served at the Playoff American Sports Bar (www.play-off.tv).  A Google search shows it's from McDonald's in Germany.  Don't know what's in it, but I imagine the sauce has some kick to it.

SWIMMING POOL--A cocktail found here.  Most of the Google hits are in German.  A "Swimming Pool" contains Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi white, Blue Curacao, Ananassaft, Creme de Coco & Sahne.

BAGELS--These things are everywhere.  It was "beigel" in Europe in the 1800s, New York changed it to "bagel," and now it's "bagel" in Europe, also.  McDonald's has a Philadelphia Bagel, a California Bagel, and a Texas Bagel. (Maybe "New York Bagel" is redundant?)
   Look out for and record "Buffalo Bagel," which is served at the Hyatt.  No, no relation to Buffalo wings or the city of Buffalo.  It's made with Buffalo mozzarella cheese.