Bad words

Mon Jul 8 15:24:51 UTC 2002

Campbell's editorial is embarrassingly inaccurate in a number of ways. (E.g., DEFECATE is not a word borrowed from French; the language of 11th century England was English, NOT German; etc.) It would be a good exam question for a History of English course to ask a class to point out all the errors in this little piece.