Ham Sandwich & Andy's Ketchup

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 8 17:42:24 UTC 2002

   Greetings again from Berlin.  There's gotta be a good cabaret here somewhere.
   Cindy Adams of the New York Post has a nametag, but hasn't shown up.  If she does, I'll ask her about her phrase "Only in New York" and tell her it's not hers.

"PROSECUTING A HAM SANDWICH"
   I put the question to Sol Wachtler today, and he laughed.  Yes, it's his.  He said that Marcia Kramer, then of the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, put it on the front page,  I asked for a specific date, and he said January 1985.  Fred Shapiro and Andy Smith should let me know if they need the exact date for their books, and I'll look it up when I get back.

HOT DOG MIT ROSTWIEBELSALZ UND GURKE--Found here.  Costs 3.20 Euro.

ALASKA-SEELECHS--Found at the Nordsee restaurant here.  It does NOT come with "jojos."

ANDY'S DINER & BAR BERLIN
   This is right opposite the new SONY building.  It's gotta be good evidence that Andy SMith, author of KETCHUP and editor of the OXFORD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD, is leading a double life.  Two stickers were in the window--

ANDY'S DINER HOME MADE KETCHUP
ANDY'S DINER SPEXIAL KETCHUP
   ohne Konservierungstoffe
Zutaten: