Austrian McDonald's, Pizza Hut & more

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 13 10:31:27 UTC 2002

   Greetings from Vienna.  "Vienna waits for you" is the Mastercard placemat greeting at the airport.

FREIHET FUR PALASTINA--Graffiti seen near Sigmund Freud Park.

CRAZZY DOGGG--An ad for a "hot dog" snack, also at Sigmund Freud Park.  See the web site at www.crazzysnacks.com.  The ad states, in perfect German: "The New Snack.  Great Taste Included."

NASCHMAKT BUFFETRESTAURANT--Thank goodness I did "nosh."  Today's special is "Chicken Wings," if you can translate that.

JACOBS ICE PRESSO, NESCAFE WHITE ICE--Two drinks seen at the SPAR supermarket.  ICE=EIS?  Doesn't anyone here speak Deutsch?

SAMMY'S SUPER SANDWICH--American sandwich bread, sold at SPAR.  It's by "Harry  backer selt 1588."  Sammy wears the stars and stripes.

AMERICAN STYLE SANDWICH--The SPAR brand sandwich bread.  Stars and stripes are on the package.

KELLOGG'S CRUNCHY NUT CORN FLAKES (HONIG & NUSSE)--Well, there's a little German here.

CAFE CENTRAL KONDITOREI:

   TORTEN UND SCHNITTEN:

SACHERTORTE  2.50

CAFE CENTRALTORTE  2.50

TRUFFELTORTE  2.50

ORANGENCHARLOTTE  2.50

ESTERHAZYSCHNITTE  2.30

GEB. TOPFENSCHNITTE  2.30

PLUNDERGEDACH  1.20

APFELSTRUDEL  2.70

"MUNCHER WEISSWURST" 5, "SCHWEINSSCHNITZEL" 8.35, "SCHWEINSBRATEN" 6.50, "MOZZARELLASALAT" 5.80--today's specials at a place here.  What's with the quotations?

PIZZA HUT

   Maybe this is on the web site.  These pizzas are offered:

MARHERITA

SALAMI

COUNTRY--Mozzarella, Schinken und Mais

VEGETARIAN ohne Fleisch!

TROPICANA

KIETA ohne Fleisch!

RODEO SPECIAL

WELLNESS ohne Fleisch!  (WHat places use "Health" and what places use "Wellness"?--ed.)

TEXAS

SHANGHAI EXPRESS

BOMBAY DELIGHT

THUNFISCH LOVER'S

FLORIDA CHICKEN

McDONALD'S

   Again, maybe this is on a web site somewhere.  The placemat features:

HONOLULU CHICKEN

MAUI CHEESE POTATOES (I don't recall cheese potatoes from my trip to Hawaii--ed.)

GRILLED TEXAS BURGER

BROCCOLI CHEESE NUGGETS

BIGXTRA!  BRAZIL

RIO ROLLCHEN

McAFRICA

KONGA CHICKEN STICKS  (I suppose McDonald's feels it's fashionable to use English in food names?--ed.)