Vienna Breakfast; Irish Coffee; BiefBrezel; Nonevent

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 16 15:34:05 UTC 2002

   Greetings from Frankfurt.  My plane was 45 minutes late.  That's the second Lufthansa delay so far.

VIENNA BREAKFAST--A bit less than even the Continetnal Breakfast.  The Vienna airport has:
  VIENNESE BREAKFAST--coffee or different falvours of tea, a roll on butter and marmelade  3.50
(A roll on butter?  What about butter on a roll?  Just how bigt is that slab of butter and how small the roll?...The continental breakfast adds ham&cheese and orange juice--ed.)

IRISH COFFEE--The same Vienna airport place has:
CAFE CUBA MIT AMARETTO  4.90
CAFE LATINO MIT TIA MARIA  4.90
IRISH COFFEE
   grosser Mocca mit Whisky  5.50
("Irish Coffee" again!--ed.)

BIERBREZEL--The airport offers this for 1.90.  For those people who are too lazy to have Beer & Pretzels, and need both in one.  Can kids eat this?

NONEVENT--Seen in the INTERNATIONAL HERALD TRIBUNE, in a page one story about the euro getting stronger than the dollar.  It was called, in quotes, a "nonevent."  I Googled, and there's 3,720 "nonevent" and 28,200 "non-event."  I prefer the latter.  I saw the word quickly as "none vent." Is there a word for compounds that break more than one way?