No slang in the Ukraine

Herbert Stahlke hstahlke at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Jul 17 18:29:39 UTC 2002

I was in Vilnius a couple weeks ago, and I heard Lithuanian women at the
conference complaining that their local fashion choices seemed to be to
dress like Soviet-era grandmothers or like whores.  A Finnish university
rector at the conference brought his 20-ish daughter along, and she agreed
with other women at the conference that young women's fashions in Vilnius
were pretty awful.  I'd have to say the fashions did seem a little extreme.
I wonder if this is a stage in the de-Sovietization of these nations.

Herb Stahlke

> Ukraine girls really knock me out.
> --The Beatles, "Back in the U.S.S.R."
>
>    Greetings from Kiev...There's a Ukrainian boxer who wants to challenge
Lennox Lewis, so maybe Ukrainian girls really can knock you out...A fellow
traveler complained that they all dress like whores