Ponchiki & Pampushki (OT: THE SEAGULL)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 23 15:06:51 UTC 2002

O.T.: THE SEAGULL
   I visited Anton Checkov's Yalta home just now.  There is a seagull above his bed.  My local tour guide said that he wrote THE SEAGULL while in Yalta.
   THE SEAGULL was written in 1896 and revised in 1898.  Checkov moved to Yalta in 1899.
   HE DID NOT WRITE _THE SEAGULL_ IN YALTA!
   I've never been in Yalta before.  I last saw THE SEAGULL about 25 years ago, and it starred Blythe Danner (when she wasn't known as Gwyneth Paltrow's mother).  And I know that this tour guide, who's done this tour many times, isn't telling the correct info.
   Off topic.  Just ticks me off!