"I loves me some X" redux

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Jul 23 16:53:11 UTC 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

#  the first time i heard someone use that expression was back when i was in
#  high school, visiting my uncle in georgia. i assumed it was a southern
#  thing; a lower class southern thing, specifically. i've heard it a bunch
#  since then, mostly being said by southerners, but also by non-southerners
#  and/or more educated people who were using it ironically.

As it just happens, an acquaintance's aperiodic humor e-column arrived
yesterday starting with

# Let's make sure we've got this clear, right from the start: I love me
# some Crocodile Hunter.

(Referring to the TV show and now the movie.)

I don't know where she's from originally.

-- Mark A. Mandel