Ponchiki & Pampushki

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 23 20:01:28 UTC 2002

DID YOU KNOW?
Some finicky foodies claim that Chicken Kiev has nothing to do with the Ukrainian capital, having been so named by restaurants in New York.
(Found on Google.)

   I made an internet search with my tour guide just now.  Unfortunately, the Ukrainian libraries aren't up to speed.  Most online catalogs don't have pre-1990 books.
   On the plus side, we did look at the Taras Shevchenko Scientific Society Library, 63 Fourth Avenue, New York City.  It has one book (cooking) from 1937, and one 1990 reprint of a 1913 book.  This beats the LOC and NYPL!

O.T.:  "Crimea doesn't pay."  Ooh, I owe Landau for this one.