Chai M. Potok; O'Kun

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Wed Jul 24 20:07:22 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, James A. Landau wrote:

#I had a cousin of a cousin who was originally named Kahn.  He became a labor
#organizer for, I think,  the CIO in the South and found he wasn't having any
#success.  So he changed his name to "Conn" and instantly became much more
#successful (or so I heard the story).  Years later, when he was running a
#community newspaper, he received a call from someone named Conn asking him to
#come to a Conn reunion. "But I'm really a Kahn", my cousin said.  "No
#matter," was the reply, "you're a Conn, you're invited."

On the telephone, which is which, and how could they tell?

-- Mark