Mondegreens--Marie, soda, positive anymore

Ed Keer edkeer at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 26 13:11:26 UTC 2002

Some recent posts brought to mind two mondegreens.

First, my dad, growing up in SW Philly, had a cousin
who he thought was named Armory. It turned out that
her name was Marie but every one called her "our
Marie" to distinguish her from all the other Maries
out there.
Second, I was a big fan of the Banana Splits tv show
growing up, especially the catchy theme song (also
covered by the punk band The Dickies). I always
thought it went:

One banana, two banana, three banana, four
Four bananas make a lot of soda anymore.

And was going to post this as a great use of positive
anymore. However, when checking the lyrics on the
internet I found out they're really:

One banana, two banana, three banana, four
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more

Ugh!

Anyway, thought y'all might enjoy those.

Ed