O'Kun

Donald M Lance lancedm at MISSOURI.EDU
Sat Jul 27 03:20:49 UTC 2002

There's a video out by an Alan Berliner who looked up other people with that
name and had a dinner in New York for 12 of them.  He did lots of research
for the project, including interviewing people who actually worked at Ellis
Island.  They simply took the names from the ships' logs, so the changes
were made before they got on the boat or after they had cleared through the
Ellis facility.

The video is "The Sweetest Sound (A film about Names)."  It is marketed and
distributed by New Video, 126 Fifth Ave, 15th Fl, New York NY 10011.  Alan
Berliner is a professional (free-lance) film maker.

DMLance