Gives Great War

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Jul 30 10:56:54 UTC 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Rick H Kennerly wrote:

#"...another Bush who gives great war, but who is slowly undone..."
#
#Mark Whitaker, Newsweek, 29 July 2002 p 4
#
#I'm familiar with the more lurid gives great head, but I've been noticing
#this construction more and more lately (gives great party, gives good
#meeting, etc.).

I remember a joke version from x decades ago, or almost remember it: I
can't recall the first name involved. Say it was Anna. "Anna" Head was
(and maybe still is) THE premier B'way costume designer and regularly
swept the awards in that category. Somewhere there was the line
        "Anna" Head gives great costume.
 Obviously not productive, but there it was.

-- Mark M.