Sticking to "business"

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Tue Jul 30 17:37:12 UTC 2002

We all know that we're not obliged to join in or even listen to all the
various conversations that go on in a large group of people gathered
together because of some shared interests.  A ListServ offers a place to
gather  around a particular shared interest, but obviously doesn't require
that no one  can have any other interests. It has the advantage over a
party or convention in that it is possible to attend_ all_ the
conversations if one wishes. I like to listen when Popik talks, others may
not.  So they wander off.  What's the problem?
A. Murie