Two questions--myself and flush out

Ed Keer edkeer at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 6 19:20:30 UTC 2002

I have recently noticed two different usages that I'd
like to know more about. The first is the use of
"myself" in place of both "me" and "I".

Ex.

1. Send the document to Bob and myself.
2. Bob and myself will be heading up the meeting.

I thought it might be a way of avoiding the conundrum
of rembering which pronoun to use. However, I have no
idea if there is a long history to this usage or not,
so if anyone has any info on this, I'd appreciate it.

The second is the term "flush out" to mean "flesh
out".    I heard fairly often at my work, and assumed
it was some sort of mispronunciation that's going
around. I was very surprised to see it in print in The
Ten-Day MBA by Steven Silberger: p. 20 "The following
questions help to flush that out."  Any
thoughts/history on this one?

Thanks!

Ed Keer