Soda pop

Tue Jun 11 18:01:27 UTC 2002

It sure is regional. For me, "soda" is "seltzer" or "soda water," so
the "clear" is redundant. I know that's not what you wanted to hear
since your after a general "full" term, but I don't think you'll find
one with no regional differentiation.) Even if "clear" is good (and I
think it is), where I grew up, it would have to be "clear soft drink."

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages