Soda pop

Rick Kennerly rick at MOUSEHERDER.COM
Tue Jun 11 22:11:35 UTC 2002

><))));>Though I have always known gingerale to be the curative.

If only it had any real ginger in it anymore.  Nowadays,  the ginger in
ginger ale is a mere artificial flavor.  On other e-mail lists I belong to
where we discuss open water sailboat cruising & the liveaboard lifestyle,
as far as the natural preventatives are concerned,  real candied ginger is
the thing, followed by homemade ginger snaps.  Also, available in sailing
shops, is ginger ale made with real ginger.  Of course, preventative is the
operative word here.

BTW, in an article I read some time back on the making of the movie Apollo
13, where much of the film was shot inside NASAs zero gravity simulator, an
airplane aptly nicknamed the vomit comet, it was intimated that NASA
astronauts swear by cherry-flavored Lifesavers as a preventative.

rhk