pre-purchased

Wed Jun 12 22:46:14 UTC 2002

Lynne,

Have you learned to eat yearbooks in Sussex?

But, on-topic, I don't find making the distinction between stuff you
paid for and ain't got yet and stuff you paid for and done got
useless, and I think Bethany meant for "prepaid" to be the slightly
less fancy synonym of "prepurchased."

Could we have some lexical semantic explanation (unless, as is so
often the case, it is something lurking in the phonology) of why they
both sound real good to me and "prebought" sounds awful.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics