Daily Candy Lexicons I, II, III

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 17 23:50:58 UTC 2002

   From the NEW YORK SUN.  Daily Candy Lexicon III is in today's SUN (Monday,
6-17-2002), but the other two are from before the newspaper began!  See
www.dailycandy.com.  That web site encourages you to send "Daily Candy" to a
friend.  This is for scholarly slang use only, not for profit, and all rights
are reserved with "Daily Candy."

DAILY CANDY LEXICON III (June 17, 2002)

He's a lot of yabba dabba and not a lot of do."
Used to refer to someone who is all talk and no action. "I smoke O.P.'s."
As in "I smoke other people's cigarettes." While you know how we feel about <A HREF="http://www.dailycandy.com/candy/article.jsp?ArticleId=15206&city=1">
smoking</A>, it's nice to see the chronic moocher have a sense of humor about it
and 'fess up to her bad habit."Mitin"
More information than I needed. "I have that T-shirt."
Been there, done that.And our personal favorite, a new support group started
by a dear, dear friend. . .F.L.A.C.I.D.
Pronounced "flaccid." Acronym for Failed Lovers Against Caller ID. Don't say
you haven't been there. We all have.

DAILY CANDY LEXICON I (Yes, I got it out of order--ed.)

Girleen (n): 1. A young sassy woman. Also used as a term of affection for a
good friend: "Hey, girleen, you are an inspiration to us all." Swish (adj):
1. Very suave, smooth, or cool: "Wow, you're looking awfully swish this eve,"
or "Wow, I saw Amy last night, and, gee, she was so swish in her fantastic
shoes!" Shoppings (n): 1. The product amassed from a day out at the shops. (A
term discovered at Fifth Avenue and 56th Street on a recent summer day amid
of gaggle of tourists. Woman, holding up Barneys bag: "Babette! Look at my
shoppings!") Mwah (v): 1. A sound uttered in protest (when "waaahhh" becomes
too whiny). 2. A kissing sound, most commonly used at the close of a letter
in lieu of "xoxoxoxo." Skew-wiff (adj): 1. All messy, disheveled. Colloquial
British term somehow derived from "askew" (pronounced Skeeeeewiff): "Her hair
was all skew-wiff; she looked like she'd just woken up."

DAILY CANDY LEXICON II

Intie (n.): 1. The intimacy flu. Usually occurs 2 to 3 weeks into a budding
dating relationship. Symptoms include unreturned phone calls, "mistakenly"
deleted e-mails, and sleeping on far edge of the bed. Stray (n.): 1. A
heterosexual male who everyone secretly thinks is gay. Tine-gid-ish?: 1. Very
fast, slurred word designated for asking the question "What time is it?" when
one is just too darn busy to enunciate.Flossin' (v.): 1. To drive around in a
nice car with the top down. 2. Generally living large; living life well. 3.
That sexy activity endorsed by dental hygienists and other anal-retentive
folk. (Just kidding! We floss regularly).D.I.T. (n.): 1. A diva-in-training.
(No further explanation necessary. You know who you are).