Jack Buck's "That's a winner!"

Elaine -HFB- Ashton elaine at CHAOS.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Jun 19 16:25:13 UTC 2002

Bapopik at AOL.COM [Bapopik at AOL.COM] quoth:
*>   Sports broadecaster Jack Buck has died.  He wrote an autobiography titled
*>THAT'S A WINNER!--his catchphrase.  I've been looking around for other
*>catchphrases, but I can't find them.
*>   I'll go through his book when I have time.
*>   From today's NEW YORK TIMES obituary (which re-titles his autobiography
*>without the punctuation):

I grew up in St. Louis with Jack Buck. He had the most unmistakable voice
in broadcasting and radio will be less without him.

>From the 1985 World Series he is often remembered for the "Go Crazy Folks,
Go Crazy!" jubilant cry at the game and series winning home run.

e.