OED appeals list

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Jun 19 18:48:20 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 02:31:42PM -0400, James A. Landau wrote:
> The OED Appeals List (at URL http://www.oed.com/public/readers/appeal.htm) is
> requesting citations on the following terms, all of which have been discussed
> on ADS-L in the past year or so:

Many of these entries are out of date and should have been removed or
updated; I'm not sure why this wasn't done. Barry has posted much
earlier examples of _Beef Wellington,_ for example, that we have at
OED but were not mentioned in this appeals list. (Many of the terms on
that list were from older appeals, by the way.)

Jesse Sheidlower