A pair pants/ next store vs next door

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Jun 21 05:04:31 UTC 2002

A colleague in Creative Writing recently shared these real-life
attestations with me. The "next store" one sounds like one of those
"plausible" stories circulated on the internet, but he swears it really
happened. (The discussion arose because his NYC-born wife used the
form "a scissor".)

        Rudy