wife beaters

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 24 00:47:31 UTC 2002

In a message dated 06/23/2002 12:30:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rick at MOUSEHERDER.COM writes:

> BTW, growing up, this kind of sleeveless t-shirt was known in my circle as a
>  Polish Smoking Jacket, which is odd because Polish was not a major ethnic
>  identity in North Texas.

"Polish Smoking Jacket" for a sleeveless shirt is an obvious Polack joke,
since by definition a jacket has sleeves (else it is a cloak).

Speaking of ethnic slurs, an American who had lived in Europe told me that
the Dutch tell jokes about dumb Belgians who in turn tell jokes about stingy
Dutch (the example she gave was "How can you tell you're in the Netherlands?
By the toilet paper hanging up to dry on the clotheslines.")

      - Jim Landau