IBM ad

Scott Sadowsky lists at SPANISHTRANSLATOR.ORG
Thu Jun 27 02:53:17 UTC 2002

On 6/26/2002 22:38, Dale Coye wrote the following:

>Bible names maintain the schwa-- Solomon, Simeon, Gideon,  except for
>Lebanon (though Lebanon, NY in Madison Co. again shows schwa for older
>speakers).

FWIW, Mt. Lebanon, PA is pronounced ['lEb at nIn] or ['lEb at n@n] by the
natives.  Anything else marks you as an out-of-towner.  The country of
Lebanon is pronounced canonically, as ['lEb at nan].

Cheers,
Scott

Scott Sadowsky  --  Spanish-English / English-Spanish Translator

sadowsky at spanishtranslator.org · sadowsky at bigfoot.com
http://www.spanishtranslator.org