C.B.A. Sandwich; Scroggin; Banoffie

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 2 05:46:50 UTC 2002

   Greetings from Queenstown, New Zealand.

THE C.B.A. SANDWICH--Seen at the Gourmet restaurant here.  "A tender grilled chicken breast topped with bacon, guacamole, melted cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.  Served on a demi-loaf with Dijon mustard."

SCROGGIN--Observed at a supermarket, next to the trail mix bin.  It looks like much of the same thing.  The name was not explained.

BELGIUM, LOUISE SQUARE, HALF MOON BISCUITS, FAIRY CAKE, COCONUT ROUGH--Seen at a bakery here.  "Belgium" and "Louise" have been seen at several bakeries.  "Rough" was seen just once in the plural, "Roughs," on a supermarket product.  Google hits for many of these show Australia & NZ.

CHOCOLATE SANTE--I believe it's San-Tay.

ANISEED BALLS--Nah, I didn't try 'em.  Just wrote 'em down.

LONE STAR CAFE--A chain (about six) of restaurants in New Zealand.  Perhaps there is a web address?
   Desserts include Sticky Date Pudding, Mississippi Mudcake, and Banoffie Pie (not "Banoffee").
   "Legendary Lone Star Cocktails" are:
Hurricane
Mexican Mule (a Margarita--ed.)
Texas Tornado
Alamo Sunset
Calamity Jane
Mexican Itch
Deam Martini
Rosalita
Juice Newton (non-alcoholic)
The Lost Weekend

SKIPPY CORNFLAKES & RICIES FUN BUBBLE--NZ version of Kellogg's Cornflakes and Rice Krispies.  Both are made by Sanitarium.

WET COAST--Name for the West Coast.  It rained all day today.