Classic Coffees; Bungable

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 4 09:28:08 UTC 2002

BUNGABLE

   OK, "bungeeable."  It's fungible.
   I've ordered a copy of THE STRANGE ADVENTURES OF THE DANGEROUS SPORTS CLUB, by Martin Lyster.  It should give me some history of "bungy jumping" at Oxford.
   What would make sense is for David Shulman to do his book on STEVE BRODIE (Brooklyn Bridge jumper), and add his planned preface about other bridge jumpers, and for me to add a small addendum on the history of "bungy jumping."  I can't believe a book like that wouldn't sell everywhere.  Oxford should publish it and have a rare bestseller on its hands.
   As of when I left, Shulman had no agent and was leaning toward another publisher (suggested by his cousin; the Word Detective's publisher).

CLASSIC COFFEES

   These were listed under "Classic Coffees" at my A-Line Hotel in Queenstown, but the names are all local:

OPAL PEARL--Black Sambucca, Kahlua, cream & chocolate
HILLSIDE ROYAL--Brandy, Cointreau, cream & cinnamon
WAKATIPU SUNRISE--Malibu, Kahlua, cream & nutmeg
GOLDEN HARVEST--Brandy, Kahlua, Creme de Cacao & cream
SKIPPERS CREAM--Baileys, Sabra, cream, froth & chocolate
KAWARUA CAPPA--Galliano, Kahlua, cream & cookie