"upset"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Mar 4 21:27:15 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 04:15:27PM -0500, George Thompson wrote:
> Well, reports of my dropping out of this coven have so far proved to be
> greatly exaggerated.  But I will have to do so, because I have to set
> up an automatic reply on my email, and can't have you folks receive a
> daily statement that I am on sabbatical.  It would be too much like
> gloating.  But it's just as well that I didn't get around to pulling
> the plug until the question of Man o' War and Upset came up.

Wow. Great post, George. Larry, I think you lose this round.

In general, the Listserv program will automatically filter out
autoresponder messages and will not relay them to the list. This
is not always true, but for the type of autoresponder I expect
NYU is using, I expect it to be true.

If anyone did set up an vacation (autoresponder) program that did
not get filtered out, you can be sure that Terry or I would
unsubscribe you within a very short time of getting bombarded
with your vacation messages.

Best,

Jesse Sheidlower
OED