Re; of likely interest to NYers only

Clark Whelton cwhelton at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 6 16:10:04 UTC 2002

On the "2" train I rode this morning the recorded announcements were made by a man's voice.  Not sure what his accent is, but he pronounces "doors" ("Stand clear of the closing doors, please") as a two-syllable word:  "doe-ers."

Clark Whelton