intransitive "represent"

Drew Danielson andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Thu Mar 14 20:54:56 UTC 2002

how about "to front" or "to mack"... "frontin'" and "mackin'"?

older usage - The singer fronts the band.
newer usage - He fronts cos he ain't got it for real.

tho I can't think of a transitive use 'mack'....

Snoop Doggy Dog, _Gin and Juice_:  "I ... get to mackin to this bitch
named Sadie..."

Mackin', I think, is almost exclusively done by males.  Frontin' can be
done by either gender, tho apparently Latifah doesn't participate...

Queen Latifah, _Nuff' of the Ruff' Stuff'_:  "I write concepts, I don't
be frontin or be buggin"

Maybe "to bug" falls into this category, too...