"Revelations"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Wed Mar 20 14:52:13 UTC 2002

Recently on an email list, someone posted a query
about "Revelations," meaning the last book of the New Testament. I asked,
"The Revelation?" and was berated for my "snobbish" insistence on calling
the book by its correct name (actually, there are several English
translations of the Greek, but none use the plural "Revelations).

I am curious about how/why that particular shift occurred - I cannot think
of parallels, though there well may be some. Can someone help me?

Bethany