..junk E-mail..

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Fri Mar 22 06:24:28 UTC 2002

At 09:00 AM 3/21/2002 -0500, GSCole wrote:
>Junk e-mail, as defined by one organization, is e-mail that contains
>certain words/phrases.  In some instances, the punctuation used is
>important.  Perhaps the delivery of the ADS newsletter is affected by
>the junk e-mail filter noted below, not to mention other filters that
>may be out-and-about.

My ISP uses a filter called SpamAssassin to identify spam. It has been in a
testing phase for some months as the postmaster tweaks the rules and
definitions so as not to mislabel ordinary mail as spam.  (He also assured
me that filtering will be opt-in optional.)  Clearly, he has a ways to go.
A recent post by Barry Popik scored pretty high on his spam scale.  The
following X-headers were added by SpamAssassin as configured by my ISP.