"at" at end of sentence

Fri Mar 22 16:25:29 UTC 2002

larry,

Yes, that, at the grossest level, was what I had in mind, but even
among pied-pipeable preps there appear to be differences, some based
on strictly syntactic features, others on "weight" of intervening
material, etc... . A smells much better than B, for example.

A. Which drawer did I leave my book in.
B. Which drawer did I leave the interesting book that I was reading
last night just before I feel asleep in?

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages