Californicate

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Mar 25 15:37:43 UTC 2002

At 6:09 AM -0800 3/25/02, James Smith wrote:
>The issue was not movement of people from CA to CO, as
>I understood it, but rather opening pristine mountain
>areas to development.

Hey, waitaminute--let's get those attributions right!   The "Please
explain the connection"  bit below was not what I wrote, but what I
was responding to (in a message not reproduced here).  I maintained
that "Californication" had to do with L.A.-type unbridled development
and sprawl, NOT with the influx of Californians.  (I didn't go on to
add in my message, but I might have, the additional fear that such
"Californication" would lead to L.A.-type smog in an area surrounded
by mountains, and to some extent that fear was justified.)

larry