California Linguistic Notes, Spring, 2002

Alan Kaye akaye at FULLERTON.EDU
Thu Mar 28 22:29:32 UTC 2002

California Linguistic NOtes, Spring, 2002

We welcome our readers back for another edition of CLN. We are proud to
feature three articles and several reviews, and as always, we invite
commentary on any material for a subsequent issue.
This is the beginning of the 21st year of publication under my
editorship at California State University, Fullerton, continuing in the
tradition of the more modest California Linguistic Newsletter at
California State University, Fresno, and the University of California,
Riverside, where it all began in 1969.
Alan S. Kaye

http://hss.fullerton.edu/linguistics/INDEX.HTM

Table of Contents:

Articles
Remarks on the speech Arabic-speaking children with cleft palate   by
Kimary Shahin

Dyslexia and brain scans  by Jack  Ferguson

A tale of two sons:  Morphophonemic variation from suffixation with zi
and er in Mandarin Chinese   by Robert D. Angus

Reviews
JADRANKA GVOZDANOVI?, Ed.,  Numeral Types and Changes Worldwide. (Trends
in Linguistics:  Studies and Monographs 118.)-- Robert D. Angus
LAURIE BAUER and PETER TRUDGILL, Eds., Language Myths -- Nadia Balkar
CHARLES BARBER. The English Language -- Nadia Balkar
FRANCESCA BARGIELA-CHIAPPINI and SANDRA HARRIS, Eds., The Languages of
Business: An International Perspective. --  Sarah A. Schmutzer