Bloomin' Onion

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sat Mar 30 17:27:04 UTC 2002

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Dennis R. Preston wrote:

#>Awesome Blossom does not impress me at all - I keep the cot-caught
#>vowels quite distinct. For people who say (shudder) "Ahsome
#>Blahsome" (both with the vowel of "cot") I reckon it's cutesy (or
#>"poertic"). arnold, say you ain't such a conflater!
#
#dInIs
#
#PS: Of course, even as a nonconflater, one might appreciate the
#immense subtlety of the half-rhyme I reckon.

This nonconflater does.

-- Dr. Whom, Consulting Linguist, Grammarian, Orthoepist, and
   Philological Busybody
   a.k.a. Mark A. Mandel