Fwd: 13.1525, Qs: Eng Dictionaries

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon May 27 15:04:40 UTC 2002

Cross-post of possible interest (especially to Steve K. and Ben F.).
As usual, responses should go to the poster instead of/in addition to
us.

--- begin forwarded text

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1525. Sun May 26 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1525, Qs: Eng Dictionaries, Reciprocals/Subject Argument

Date:  Fri, 24 May 2002 10:19:15 -0500
From:  "Scott Baxter" <baxters at purdue.edu>
Subject:  difference between versions of American Heritage Dictionary

I am interested in knowing about the usefulness of the American
Heritage Dictionary (AHD) as an etymological tool. What is the
difference between the third and fourth edition of the AHD? What
is the difference between the college edition and the full fourth
edition? Is the CD Rom useful? The dictionary is available for
free on the Interenet; is there anything in the print version
missing on the web site? I will gladly post a summary of whatever

Scott

********
Scott J. Baxter
Purdue University