Fact check

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue May 28 20:38:23 UTC 2002

   I was supposed to go to Georgýa, Armenia, and Azerbaijan on September 17th.  It was supposed to be followed with Iran.
   Iran was cancelled, and is now part of the Axis of Evil.  I regret not being able to go there.  I was recently studying the old Georgian and Armenian scripts, and learning about the Azerbaijan fire-worshippers.  Iran would have been perfect.
   Iran was to have been led by Denise Schmandt-Besserat, the UT-Austin professor who wrote HOW WRITING CAME ABOUT.  Her theory is that it started with ancient counting systems.
   E=mail her.  She surely would know if those counting systems gave us our word "man."