Squat - revisited

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Wed May 29 01:16:20 UTC 2002

In a message dated 05/28/2002 11:37:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JMB at STRADLEY.COM writes:

>>  PS: For regional idiomatic speech freaks, in the Ohio Valley (S IN, S
>>  IL, N KY region) we also got "what the little boy shot at" when we
>>  got nothing. Is this more widespread?
>
>       Never heard "what the little boy shot at" in southern Kentucky.
>
>  John Baker

Of course not.  In Kentucky there is an old tradition of how to teach a boy
to shoot.  You give him the family rifle and ONE round of ammunition and tell
him to bring back dinner or go hungry.

Hence in Kentucky "what the little boy shot at" is hopefully on the table.

        - James A. Landau