cheese out

Gordon, Matthew J. GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Sun Nov 3 17:51:21 UTC 2002

I heard a wonderful new (to me) usage on the  _This American Life_ radio program. I don't remember it verbatim but it was something like:
"That cheeses me out."
The reference was to patriotic music and the speaker's meaning was that she found it cheesy. The speaker was a Texan but I doubt this is a regionalism. It seems a natural extension of the pattern established by 'freak' and 'weird' + 'out', which I think we discussed some months ago.