Being Googled

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Mon Nov 4 19:22:57 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Lesa Dill wrote:

>Are there regional preferences for search engines?

I don't know.

Why isn't it "Yahoo! John >Smith" or "DogPile John Smith"?

I don't know.

>I don't use Google for Search in Google for . >. . . , maybe because I
don't use Google a lot.  Does "google" have associated >meanings because
of similarly sounding words and therefore work as a verb >abbreviation?

I don't know, but I don't think so. I use the search engine <google>
because it usually works best for me. But I would probably use the verb
<google> regardless of which search engine I used - on the rare occasion
when I might use another search engine for some reason. Or I might say,
"I couldn't google it, so I used Yahoo."

Bethany