Geoduck (1853?)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sun Nov 10 18:02:21 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, James A. Landau wrote:

#In a message dated 11/09/2002 8:35:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
#mam at THEWORLD.COM writes:
#
#> Cf. the song "Acres of Clams", which I believe Washington adopted as the
#>  state song, minus a couple of the less complimentary verses.
#
#Isn't "Acres of Clams" a different set of words to a folk tune also called
#"Rosin the Beau"?   (which I interpet as an instruction to the fiddler,
#"Rosin the bow!")

AocC is ttto (to the tune of) RtB. But the words of RtB are definitely
"Beau", though I'm sure there's an intentional pun. "... to welcome old
Rosin the Beau!"

-- Mark A. Mandel